Tuesday, May 25, 2010

★ MICHAELANGELO★

★BIOGRAPHY

http://cybermuse.gallery.ca/cybermuse/docs/bio_artistid7542_e.jsp


  I find this site about informations of michaelangelo and I read the writings on it.


Michelangelo

Born March 6, 1475 at Caprese, Italy
Died February 18, 1564 at Rome, Italy

  He was a genuis of the artists because he was dominated the Italian High Renaissance in painting, architecture, and some other kinds of art. His artworks were so beatiful and amazing, his hands liked god's hands because no one in the world can did perfect artworks like him. When he grows up he went to differents places to learn art, and he also followed other famous artists. He was interest at different art so that he good at many different kinds of art.

 // * //  *  //  * // *  // * // * // * // * // * // * // * // * // * // * //



Artist Michelangelo



Year 1534-1541


Type Fresco


Dimensions 1370 cm × 1200 cm (539.3 in × 472.4 in)


Location Sistine Chapel, Vatican City



  This was one of Michaelangelo's fresco.  I like this painting because the first reason is this painting was painted on the wall so it is really hard to paint it well, but he did it.  The amazing one is that this painting is so complicated and he used bright colors to make it more lifelike. And this painting's organization are harmony. The painting cut apart two side, 1/5 under the painting is human's area, and I think others are celestial's area. I think it maybe mean that the people and god have relation . I feel this painting gave me a powerful and solemn. And I think this is what the artist good at  making some hiding information in the paintings. It is why I think this painting is better than other works I have look.

5/25  2010


1 comment:

  1. Great work Maria! This was your best post in a long time! I can tell you actually did some thinking about the painting, and didn't just repeat what was said in class. Good work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete